Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chore Sticks

Are you as busy as I am? I love this time of year...we usually head up to our cabin after Christmas to snowmobile for the week. But since there is no snow this year it's been postponed. Instead i've been busy enjoying my few days off and getting things organized for the New Year. I always clean out and spring clean this time of year. I've been cleaning out closets, toys and just reorganizing anything in sight. I've also been steam cleaning! Have you ever done that? Just a warning it's totally addicting! I love seeing the grim spray away.

For awhile now i've been wanting to make a chore chart/system for my boys. I've studied it for months on several blogs....and as I did I found one thing in common. Chore sticks. All the Mom's said it was tried and tested and worked the very best. That is was practical, doable and cheap to make. So I took their advice and came up with my own.

 The supplies...cute tin (I think I got it at the dollar store a long time ago) some vinyl, craft sticks and ribbon.
See the 5, 10, and 15... that is the amount of time each chore takes. 

I have to say it's been two days and my kids love it. It's worked great in switching up what they do. I find I always assigned the same thing to the same child because I knew they could it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment